The Commandery is the basic unit within the Sovereign Order. A Commandery is formed by a decision of Le Petit Conseil upon recommendation of the Prior and Grand Prior within whose jurisdiction the Commandery is to be established. That decision is then subject to the approval of the Grand Master.
A new Commandery must have a minimum of ten (10) Aspirants before the unit is accepted as an operational Commandery of the Sovereign Order and an Investiture held. Pending meeting this requirement and following such approval, the title will be Commandery in Formation which will be under the jurisdiction of the Priory or Commandery nearest to its geographical area.
The Sovereign Order is currently comprised of twenty-eight (28) Commanderies and two (2) Commanderies in Formation.
- Ontario Commandery
- Commandery of Nante Pays de Retz France
- Commandery of Leon-Cornouaille France
- Commandery of Tampere Finland
- Western Military Commandery
- San Francisco Commandery
- St. Joseph Commandery
- Commandery of Washington DC
- Commandery of The Palm Beaches
- Okanagan Commandery
- Victoria Commandery
- Commanderies of Glasgow and London
- Vancouver Commandery
- Cleveland Commandery
- Commandery of the Sierras
- Commandery of Hungary