The Commandery is the basic unit in the Sovereign Order. A Commandery is formed with approval of Le Petit Conseil (LPC) upon recommendation of the Prior and Grand Prior within whose jurisdiction the Commandery is to be established. LPC’s approval is subject to the further approval of the Grand Master.
A new Commandery must have a minimum of ten (10) Members before the unit is accepted as an operational Commandery of the Sovereign Order and an Investiture held. Pending meeting this requirement and following such approval, the title will be Commandery in Formation which will be under the jurisdiction of the Priory or Commandery nearest to its geographical area.
The Sovereign Order is currently comprised of eighteen (18) Commanderies.
- Ontario Commandery
- Commandery of Hungary
- Commandery of Nante Pays de Retz France
- Commandery of Leon-Cornouaille France
- Commandery of Tampere Finland
- Western Military Commandery
- San Francisco Commandery
- St. Joseph Commandery
- Commandery of Washington DC
- Commandery of The Palm Beaches
- Okanagan Commandery
- Victoria Commandery
- Commanderies of Glasgow and London
- Vancouver Commandery
- Cleveland Commandery
- Commandery of the Sierras
- Commandery of Central Finland